Friday, April 16, 2010

A Few Things About Motorcycle Riding

There's just something about riding a motorcycle. What can I say to describe it? As a passenger, it's relaxing. As a driver, it's both relaxing (usually when there's not any cars around) and invigorating. There's just something about watching the stars and moon chase the colors of the sunset over the treetops. You feel closer to space and the earth at the same time. Not so much that you can reach out and touch it (probably because you're going 65 mph), but more like they're friends you haven't seen in a long time or a favorite song or movie. I can definitely see how some people relate it to the spiritual realm. Personally, I usually pray a lot when I'm riding it (now, whether it's for the sanity of the driver of the car next to or beside me or if it's just talking to God depends on the situation!). It just seems natural somehow. And oh-so-lovely.

Until....

Until this:
Let me see if I can shed some light on that for you:
Still not seeing it? How about a close-up?
Yup, that's right. It's awesome alright - right up to the point you drive through a huge (and I mean HUGE) swarm of gnats at 60 mph. Nasty!!!!! And there's no getting them off your face shield. They just smear their little guts - even after their death they're annoying! Needless to say, it was a longer trip home than out. And an immediate load of laundry was started just minutes after walking through the door. Call me crazy, but I just love the sound of the washing machine. It's soothing somehow...

No comments:

Post a Comment