Well, fall is certainly getting closer. It's the smell of the crisp morning air, the cool evenings, and the leaves beginning to change to deep reds, oranges, and browns. It's also the time when pumpkins begin their dominance in grocery stores, porches, and, of course, my kitchen. A perfect Saturday afternoon = watching football while baking two loafs of pumpkin bread and 24 pumpkin muffins to give away to friends (with a few muffins left for us, of course!):

Speaking of Saturday, we went with our neighbors to a
R.E.I. garage sale. I can't believe I'm about to blog about shopping (I usually have the patience of a 2 year old when it comes to shopping...wait, that's probably true all the time), but I know my mom and sister will appreciate this. We bought a $110 pair of hiking boots for only $45, everyday/walking tennis shoes that were $99 for $20, a bicycle rack for $20, and a 4 person tent (regularly $270) for $100.


Here's a picture of what our tent looks like when it's set up:
I can't wait to break in our new tent - we used our last one so much that it finally ripped beyond repair. So hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have some pictures and stories up about our new tent excursions!
When we got home from R.E.I. and unpacking our items, Brent said "It feels like Christmas!" And I have to agree. Happy (early) Christmas to us!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment