...except the spider. And roaches. But today I'm talking about spiders. Now, for those of you who've never been to my office desk, it's in the middle of the building. Smack dab in the middle. There's no door, window, or crack to the outside world within a 15 foot radius. Really. So how in the heck do spiders find their way onto my desk?? And more notably, onto my keyboard???? In the 2 years we've been at this office, I've had no fewer than six, yes six!, spiders who have wanted to join the working world of Lori Gail. Really spiders, get a new life...and not mine.
Now, maybe it's a part of my uncontrollable OCD, but seriously, I really don't like spiders. Maybe it's the way they move...some move so quickly for their size that it's a bit unnatural, or maybe when they slowly move one leg at a time it's even more creepy, like they're slowly moving just to show off how weird it is to move their creepy little legs. It gives me shivers down my spine! So today was another gift of the presence of the spider.
Setting: My desk.
Time: 5 minutes ago.
Something catches the eye of Lori Gail as she innocently works at her computer.
Lori Gail, to herself: "What was that? I thought I saw something little that was moving along the corner of my desk and disappeared around the front side. It kinda looked like...a spider!!!!"
Henceforth distracted from her work, she gets up to take a closer look at the possible intruder. ["Scary Music" begins to play.] Lori Gail moves to the front of her desk and intensely looks for spider, carefully looking over every inch, and finds... ["Scary Music" crescendo]...nothing. Lori Gail returns to her computer and continues to work. Then suddenly:
Lori Gail, out loud: "Aaaagggggghhhhhhh!!" while rolling across her workspace her in rolly chair.
Five guys in the office across the hall, tentatively: "Ummm...are you okay?"
Lori Gail, nodding head slowly: "Yeah...yeah, I'm fine. Ummm...there's a spider on my keyboard. Have I mentioned how much I can't stand spiders?"
Jonathan approaches Lori Gail's desk with his fingers cocked back in a flick position.
Lori Gail, hysterically: "DON'T FLICK IT AT ME!!!!!!!"
Jonathan, caught off guard: "Ummm, I wasn't." Jonathan then flicks the spider onto the side of the keyboard, thus killing it between his finger and the keyboard.
Lori Gail, relieved at last, but also feels awkward about her previous outburst: "Oh. Ummm, thanks Jonathan. Ummm...do you want a Clorox wipe to wipe that off your finger?"
Spiders are on the loose! I have killed 7 in the past 2 days inside. Today's latest was on our stairs and Zeke was crawling up them. He and the spider had a stare off until I killed the spider. Rotten spider trying to get my baby!
ReplyDelete