Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'm Thankful For...

There's so much I could tell you about. I could tell you about what a wonderful, awesome Thanksgiving we had. Spending time with family in the kitchen, hiking, riding motorcycles, reading, watching movies, playing games, and wrestling with my nephews. I could tell you about how much fun we had making a mess of the kitchen while making homemade oatmeal creme pies, multiple batches of biscuit dough, crushing indestructible peppermints for the peppermint cookies, making meat pies, having my nephew in the kitchen with us, telling him to eat some of the raw dough (which he did!), going to the movies with my husband and mother-in-law, going to the movies with my sisters and two handsome cousins, and laughing the time away with family at my grandmother's table that I grew up eating at. I could tell you about how proud I was that I drove halfway and that my husband didn't murder me on the way to GA after I stayed up almost all night the night before just to watch a movie. I could tell you about how bittersweet this Christmas will be - the first Christmas we'll be spending by ourselves. I could tell you about how excited I am about going to see the Nutcracker next weekend with my awesome husband. Or I could tell you about how tired I get just by looking at our December calendar full of plans. I could tell you about how much I really can't stand being sick. Or being sick while trying to take care of the other sick person in the house. I could tell you about how thankful I am for my Lord, my family, my friends, how fortunate we are, and how much I want to spread the love of Jesus to others. Yeah, I think I'll go with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment