Monday, January 4, 2010

Jehovah Jireh

Happy 2010!

So I know it's crazy (welcome to my world), but I've been kinda stressed out lately about the calendar I use at work. Let me explain: no, there is too much, let me sum up: usually, our insurance correspondent (and church member) supplies us at Christmas with a yearly desk tent calendar - the type that stands upright on the desk, only taking up about 5 inches of desk space. It's monthly, with the number of the month on the days. I absolutely love my calendar at work - I use it multiple times a day and other people use it, too...without taking it (which in itself is quite a miracle, since my desk is in a highly traveled area). So when our insurance correspondent gave us planner calendars instead of the usual desk tent calendars, I went on the hunt and looked every single place I could think of for a desk tent calendar for 2010 (you would think that with the internet and all the technology we have, this wouldn't be so difficult, but trust me - it was). When I couldn't find anything close to what I was looking for, I thought of hand-making my own. (Even though I have absolutely no clue how to even start that.) I thought of that fact this morning, when first thing I was hit with a question and I looked to my calendar for an answer, and saw none since it was still on December 2009. So sad.

When I came in this morning and saw a few boxes from the long weekend, I didn't immediately grasp the importance of what was about to take place. After sifting though emails, voicemails, and random papers, I finally got to opening the boxes. Inside one of them was a stack of...you guessed it - desk tent calendars!! They were even monthly!!! Exactly what I was looking for! And to top it all off, it's for a people group that I visited a year and a half ago from the other side of the world that I think about often and I could never forget. My eyes teared up and all I could think was "Wow". That's really all that comes to my mind. Even now, 20 minutes later. Just..."Wow." This is much more than just getting a desk tent calendar. What a great way to start off a new year - the reminder to pray for those people, and to remember Jehovah Jireh, which means "The Lord will Provide".

No comments:

Post a Comment