After 20 hours in the air (not including layovers), we finally made it to Kathmandu, Nepal! For our stay in Kathmandu, we stayed at the Ti-Se Guest House.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Nepal, Part 1
I had an AMAZING trip to Nepal! I loved it! While it's a very spiritually dark place, I'm so excited that the Lord is working there! I'm honored to have gone and to have been used by Him.
After 20 hours in the air (not including layovers), we finally made it to Kathmandu, Nepal! For our stay in Kathmandu, we stayed at the Ti-Se Guest House.
This was the view off the back porch of our floor of the Ti-Se. Welcome to Kathmandu!
After settling in, we walked about 5 minutes to the stupa. It's almost like a town square, but spiritual.
The sights were stunning, almost shocking.
The colorful flags you see are printed with mantras, phrases, and poems. They are tied to the highest place to be offered up as prayers.
People then walk around the stupa for good karma. The more they walk around it, the better their karma. There's also prayer wheels on every side of the stupa. The wheels are stuffed in the middle with the flags/prayers/mantras and people turn the wheels as they walk around the stupa to spread the spiritual blessings and for good karma.
There are small rooms in the middle of the stupa that hold idols. People go and worship/bow to the idols.
I'd never actually seen anyone bow down or worship a statue or image. It really brought the Bible and spiritual warfare to light.
After 20 hours in the air (not including layovers), we finally made it to Kathmandu, Nepal! For our stay in Kathmandu, we stayed at the Ti-Se Guest House.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment