It's a bottle cap belt made from recycled tires and old Coke bottle caps. The buckle is like an old seat belt buckle. I remember they were getting to be pretty popular near the end of my senior year in high school and I remember thinking they were so cool! At the time they were being sold for around $50, which to a high school senior about to go to college who was already paying for her car payment, it might as well have been $5000.
So it's been 10 years. I don't know why the belt popped into my head again a few weeks ago, but it did. Ever since, I've been secretly wanting to get one. So I asked my neighbor's daughter who's in college if they were still popular nowadays. (Yes, just asking her that made me feel super old.) At first she had no idea what I was talking about. After about 10 minutes of describing it to her, she finally gave up and said, "Ummmm, no. They're not in style anymore."
I'm still thinking about getting one anyway.
I mean, with the style that's being constantly sported around Santa Fe, I'll fit right in. :)
Maybe for your birthday!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Sudie