Friday, June 5, 2009

More Work, Less Play?

I'm seriously considering getting a second job and have been praying about it for the last few weeks. This would be strictly for fun/learning, with a plus of a little extra income. I'm thinking about applying at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (probably the one at Southpoint since it's closest to my house & work) or being a cake decorator at Mad Hatter Cafe (off 9th Street). I'm praying that God will put me in a 2nd job where I will help to further His kingdom.

If I apply to work at Mad Hatters, I'd have to wait until after I finished my cake decorating class to see: 1) if I like doing it, 2) if I'm good enough to use those skills vocationally, and 3) if I have enough experience to qualify. So that'd mean I wouldn't apply until the beginning of August. It'd be neat because I'd get to further my instruction in cake decorating.

On the other hand, if I apply at Rocky Mountain, the pros: I could apply immediately, I'd learn a lot about chocolate and caramel, and I'd get some more experience with sweet eats. The cons: I'd have a full time job, a part time job, and a class (that requires baking, cooling, and mixing time outside of class) all at once...so definitely not a lot of free time, and I'd have to take into consideration that Rocky Mtn is located at the mall, so parking would be problematic.

My first year of college was chaos - I wanted to do so many different things and be involved with so many different clubs/organizations. I definitely spread myself too thin. I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me now.

Okay, reader participation time (for all of my 3 loyal readers). Leave a comment (click on the comment link below) and let me know what you think. Rocky Mountain, Mad Hatters, or none of the above?

1 comment:

  1. I'll email... and talk with you about it at the office tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete