Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A "new" ride

I rode my motorcycle for the first time last night since we took it apart for the new tires and belt conversion. Brent was measuring the tension of the new belt...he checked it not once, not twice, not even three times (it was more like 10). The instructions (or "destructions" if you were around when Brent was little) warned against the belt being too tight, then warned about the belt being too loose. I was nervous after reading those warnings, because, of course, there was only 1/16 of an inch to hit it exactly. So, no pressure. But we got it on, tensioned, and Brent took it for it's first test drive. It went wonderfully! Then it was time for us to ride together...to see how the bike handles/accelerates with two people on it. Then it was time for me to ride by myself! Brent kinda freaked me out since he kept saying things like "The new tires are more rounded than the old ones, so it leans on it's own instead of wanting to pop up straight like the old tires did" and "It handles like a totally different bike!" and right before I took my first ride on it since the conversions he said "Just be really, really careful. Handle it like you've never ridden it before". So I started off very cautious, but the ride was so smooth, the curves so effortless, the night perfect, that I eventually stopped worrying about it and just had a great time! Man, I had forgotten how much I absolutely LOVE riding!! I know it's only been two & a half weeks, but still! I really, really, really wanted to ride it to work today, but alas, as I'm going straight from work this afternoon to my first class, it could not be done (due to the amount of materials I have to bring with me). But I'm super excited about class tonight! And, I'm totally riding my motorcycle everywhere else I'm going for the rest of the week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment