Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Valentine, Part 1

Ladies, get ready to swoon.

Men, get ready to take notes.




Last Sunday (yes, Valentine's Day) was our 7th year anniversary. My special Valentine planned a surprise for our anniversary - a trip!

My only clue: "The color green is an integral part of our trip."

Now, I initially I thought, "Awesome! Hiking & camping! I love doing that! Oh wait...it's literally below freezing...I'm literally going to freeze..." So henceforth I tried to keep an open mind (and very warm climate).

The day before we left it snowed.
So the drive there was a little stressful for us, but we made it.

Brent: Exit here.
Me: Okay.

5 minutes later
Brent: So where are we?
Me: Downtown Greenville, SC.
Brent: And...
Me: What?
Brent: Greenville.
Me: Oh! Cool! We're here! That's great! Ummm...where are we going, exactly?
Brent: Here. Stop here.
Me: In the middle of this road?
Brent: Yup. We're here.
Editor's note: I just love bed & breakfasts-es.

Our host: Let me show you to your room.
Editor's note: Men, point #1: Small details make a huge impact.
Brent: Now that we've checked in, let's go walk around downtown.
Me: Okay.
...
Me: Wow! Look! They have a park in the middle of downtown!
Brent: Check out that building over there! I wonder what building that is. Let's go check it out.
Me: Okay.
...
Me: Looks like it's called Peace Center. Huh. I think it's a concert hall or theater.
Brent: I think you're right.
Me: Look at this sign. Oh look - Wicked is showing here...only if we could go today or tomorrow. Ha ha.
Brent: You mean with these tickets?!
Editor's note: Men, point #2: Surprises make a huge impact.

to be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! How fun! Happy Valentine's Day to you... I think you've married a sarcastic romantic :) What a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm green with envy.

    Yuk yuk yuk.

    ReplyDelete