Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trip to the West: Day 2

Today we drove through Knoxville and Nashville, TN and stopped for the night in Jackson, TN. Not too much to tell for the day. We went quickly from thisto thisand were able to experience a little 5pm traffic. Exciting day, huh?

Oh, we did learn that the time changes somewhere in the middle of those two cities. That's something neither one of us ever knew about TN. Camouflage? Check. Huge hair? Check. Mullets? Check. Thick accents (and that's saying something coming from this GA girl)? Check. Time change somewhere in the middle of the state? Say what??

On another note, at least we're staying in a clean (and smell-free) and cute hotel tonight. Yay! (It's the little joys in life that make a difference, you know.)If Brent were awake, he'd probably say something like "Don't post that picture. It has the word "boutique" in it. People will think we're staying in a girly hotel." But he's already passed out in the bed, so there you go! :) It's a little bit country and therefore laid-back feeling. It kinda reminds me of a bed & breakfast, which I love.And did I mention that it's cleaner than last night's hotel? (But so is the floorboard of the car...)

On the plan for tomorrow morning: Casey Jones Village. Ice cream at 9am? You bet.

1 comment:

  1. I kinda wanna go to middle of nowhere TN just so I can stay there!

    ReplyDelete