Last Saturday my friend, R, and I went to the Biltmore. This was the first time for the both of us. I'm happy we got to go (and for free!!!!!), as I've lived in NC this long and haven't gone yet because I just putting it off.

It was a beautiful day! Our tickets to get into the house wasn't until the afternoon, so we went to visit the barn first.

They had a place to pet the animals in the brown barn in the pic above, but neither R nor I were too excited about it, so we skipped that part. In another building close to the barn, they had a real woodworker and blacksmith talking about their trades, and a short historical self-guided tour about the farm, and I really enjoyed that part. This pic is mostly for my nephews:

Next, we went to the winery.

We thought it was going to be educational, showing how they make the wine from the vine to the bottle, but it was basically just a taste-testing site, so we we in and out of there in much less time than we thought we would be.
We went to explore the grounds next to the house next. While there were many beautiful plants and flowers in the greenhouses...




...there wasn't much in the gardens. We visited too early in the season.
You're not allowed to take pics in the house, but the grounds by the house were beautiful, too. And I think it was mostly the mountains and maybe the green grass that made my breath catch, not so much the house.



The house does have an outside balcony, and I was able to snap a pic from there. Yeah, I wouldn't mind waking up to this every morning:

Since our tickets to the house were so late in the day, we were getting tired. We went though the 7 parts of the house in 45 minutes! (Sorry, Mom...) Thankfully R and I were on the same page! :) We did manage to find enough energy to stop by the shops afterward...

...though neither one of us bought anything.
It was a long, good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment