Friday, March 19, 2010

My Commute

There are 23 red lights on my way to and from work everyday...that's 46 red lights. Now, there's not much to do while you're waiting on these ill-timed lights...turn up/down the radio, eat your breakfast, try not to spill your double mocha soy latte. During my time at red lights (which probably adds up to about a year, but that's for another post), I've seen a lot of things. I'm a looker. When I'm stopped at the light, I look at the cars passing, the people in them, figure out the sequence of the light, and just look around in general at the trees/clouds/many gigantic potholes in the road. Well, this morning, during my lazy meanderings, a guy pulled up next to me who was brushing his teeth. He was brushing his teeth. Now I've seen a lot of things, but I've never seen this. So this is where my mind went:

Should I roll down my window and offer him my bottle of water so he can rinse?

Does he have a spit cup...you know, like tobacco dip users?

Does he even have any toothpaste in his mouth?? He's not foaming at the mouth so that means he's either (or both) non-rabies infected or he isn't using toothpaste. Ewwww. That's gross.

Lipstick, okay. Breakfast, coffee, and even cereal, okay. But brushing your teeth? Yeah, just get up 5 minutes earlier.

So while all the above thoughts are going through my mind, I finally notice the girl in the SUV in the lane on the other side of the car in question. She was staring at him with a very confused, slightly amused expression on her face, her jaw a little open in wonder. Somehow, I knew exactly how she felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment