When I was little one, my dad worked in Atlanta. He commuted what was sometimes over 3 hours one way. I can't really remember how old I was (5? 6?), but I remember I went with him to his office one day, and the promise of lunch was at The Dwarf House. At the time, I had no idea, and thought only short people could go. Boy was I excited! Being the youngest, I've always been the shortest (and this still holds true today), and thought this restaurant was just for me!
I remember the time we went and I could no longer get through the door easily. Yeah, that was a hard hour. But nothing a brownie topped with IceDream couldn't fix! :)
So what is The Dwarf House, you ask? Why, it's the original Chick-fil-A!
Along with all the regular Chick-fil-A menu items, the original restaurant also offers additional items, like waffles, hamburgers (yes, hamburgers), and different soups.
My dad took me by The Dwarf House last weekend. It was so great to see the Seven Dwarfs again and have the waitress bring me Chick-fil-A and a waffle (yum!). And another cool thing was I found out from my dad that his brother (my uncle) used to come into the Dwarf House all the time when it just opened up. Truett Cathy (the founder) actually had my uncle and his friends taste-test some of his food a few times! The best part? My uncle told Truett that his boneless, seasoned, and fried chicken sandwich would never sell! Ha ha ha!!!!
Another cool thing is that unlike other Chick-fil-As, The Dwarf House has two sides of the restaurant - once side is for sitting and eating like you would at any other Chick-fil-A (decorated the same and everything), but the other side is filled with old-timey booths, bar stools, and waitresses.



Fun, food, family, and memories - it doesn't get much better than that!
No comments:
Post a Comment