As you probably well know by now, I'm a huge peanut butter fan. So what could be better than combining it with an American favorite and having a healthier dessert/breakfast (hey, it has oatmeal in it!)/snack? Not much, let me tell you! It's so good I wanted to share the recipe with you. It's easy to make for one by reducing the ingredients by a half, and easily doubled, too. I bake like I cook - a dash of that and a little of this. I'll put measurements below, but feel to adjust it to your taste.
1 apple, cored and cut into small pieces
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Put apple in a small (individual) non-greased baking dish (I used a rectangular glass Tupperware), spreading evenly. Pour oatmeal on top of apples, spreading evenly. Combine milk and vanilla and pour evenly over oatmeal/apples. Bake for 30 minutes. As soon as it comes out of the oven, sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the top. Spread peanut butter evenly over the top of the brown sugar (it'll slowly melt from the heat of the apples and this will make it easier to spread). Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Enjoy warm! (And no judgment here if you opt to top it with some vanilla ice cream - yum!)
No comments:
Post a Comment