Monday, May 3, 2010

My Favorite Topics: Family & Food

You know, I really don't post that many pictures of my two favorite subjects: family & food. I really should work on that. :)

Last weekend I went home to GA to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday. Unfortunately, I seemed to take pictures everywhere but there. So suffice it to say it was a blast! :)

The day of my grandmother's party dawned cloudy and eventually, rainy with lightening and thunder. This was also the morning my sisters, brother-in-law, and I ran a 5k that benefited Camp Hope. Aren't my sisters & I cute, despite the rain we were about to run in?? My two oldest nephews ran in the 1 mile "Kid's Run". The youngest just got to eat bananas the whole time. Don't worry, he's part of my family, so he was totally okay with it (I love how his mouth is full in this pic!). :)My sisters, me, my brother-in-law, and some people we knew all won plaques. We credit this to the idea that the fast runners didn't show because they thought the race was going to be canceled! :)

After a quick shower, it was off to my grandmother's party. Needless to say, by this time, we were more than a little tired. Isn't he precious?? (Especially when he's sleeping!!) This almost makes me want one. Almost. :)

I'm not sure if you know this fact or not, but I am of Lebanese decent. I love my Lebanese inheritance! To give you an idea, think "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", add about 20 more people, and that's my family! Love it! :)

My sisters and I were able to pull ourselves together enough to go to Nicola's (or as my family calls it, Nic's) Lebanese Restaurant for a meal with our extended family. Of course, I forgot to take pics of my family, but at least I got pics of the important stuff - the food! ;) Even despite my 2nd cousin seriously making fun of me for taking pics of the food for my blog (you're welcome!). I love me some tabbouleh, pita chips, hummus, baba ghanoush, and warm pita bread!And some stuffed grape leaves (in back) and kibbe nayeh (in front). If you don't know what kibbe nayeh is, I'm not going to tell you. You can easily Google it if you wish, but just know that my family almost fights over it it's so good, and there's never, ever any leftover. Yum-my!! :)

My plate of delicious goodness! Don't worry, this was only round 1. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment