Wednesday, February 18, 2009

How the Lord teaches

Let me start by saying drivers here are completely horrible. They NEVER use their blinkers, stop suddenly in the middle of the road for no reason whatsoever, and wait a full 5 seconds to start going once the light turns green. (Don't get me started on the red lights around here!) So, on to the story. It's raining moderately this morning, enough to use the automatic setting on the wipers (not the delay), but not enough to where it looks like the wipers are trying to make the car fly. So I'm in the car on the way to work and notice that 3 or 4 cars going the same direction as me don't have their lights on. I shake my head as I come up behind one without their lights on and start to get really irritated as the car behind me pulls up without their lights on, too. I mean really, don't they know how dangerous that is? How are other drivers supposed to see you, you stupid dark van, with no lights on? Idiot drivers!! So after 10 miles of red lights, lane changes with no blinkers, and the Dark Knight van, I finally make it into work. I pull into a space and turn off the engine. I go to turn off my lights. What?? Why is the dial pointed to "off"?? You mean they were never on????????? And that's how the Lord humbles...

4 comments:

  1. Great start with your first two posts. Funny, poignant without being far too wordy like some bloggers and I'm not talking about Danny. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how little it takes to humble us sometimes. Guess some other folks were in a hurry that morning too. Take care in that morning traffic.

    LY,

    ASE2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dwight...Danny reads this blog too. At least I post more than once a presidential administration...maybe you should learn from me. :)

    ReplyDelete