I was talking on the phone to my mom the other night and she asked about Brent's birthday on Sunday. This is how it went down:
Mom: "Yeah, I thought his birthday was on Sunday. He's going to be twen..."
Me: "Actually, he's going to be 32."
Mom: "Let's see...he was born in nineteen seventy...well, something..."
Me: "He was born in nineteen seventy-seven. So that'll make him 32."
Mom: "Yeah, seventy-seven. So that'll make him....(does math)...32 this year."
Me: "Yep."
Mom (sounding truly stunned): "Wow...I didn't know he was so...so...well...old."
Me (trying not to laugh): "Well, that tends to happen over the years."
Mom: "Huh. 32. Wow. He's getting on up there."
Me: " Yep. I sometimes joke around and call him Old Man."
Mom (trying not to laugh): "Lori Gail! That's not very nice. I don't know what it is with you girls. All ya'll married older men. Julie married 5 years older, Amy married 10 years older, and you married 6 years older."
Me: "Well, older men are supposed to be more mature. I guess we're just making sure they can keep up."
Mom (laughing out loud now): "Well, that's a good reason!"
No comments:
Post a Comment