Note the time elapsed between emails and the fact that Bonnie’s my boss…
From: Shrum, Bonnie
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 4:52 PM
To: Parrish, Kay; Perdue, Lori
Subject: RE: favor
I’m still laughing at the message.
Bonnie
From: Perdue, Lori
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 3:37 PM
To: Shrum, Bonnie; Parrish, Kay
Subject: favor
Bonnie & Kay,
So here’s the quick and dirty: I need a favor. The long story? Coming from one of you two is my best option bet. Why? Because you’re both wonderful people. You’re both wonderful people who happen to live closest to me when it comes to Fridays. Normally (what am I talking about? This is the first time!) when I need a ride to work, I ask Shannon, as she just lives a hop, skip, and jump across a busy 5 lane highway from me. But alas, as only truly devoted workers of the Summit comes in on Fridays, that leaves me with you gives me the opportunity to branch out. Now, I know that from a map’s point of view from either of your places to where I live to here makes a large, out-of-the-way “V”. But look at it from your friendship heart’s point of view…I’m sure you’ll find me on the other side of town still looking for a ride if neither of you step up to help you’re unavailable. (And Bonnie, I promise not to talk to you until we reach the doors of the office. Okay fine, you may get a “Good Morning” and “Thanks” on the way.)
Now that I’ve buttered you up and played the friendship card, here are the specifics:
What: A ride to work.
When: Friday, May 1, 2009.
Why: I’m leaving at 4:00pm to go straight to the airport and don’t want to have to worry about my car.
Where are you going?: I’m going to DENVER!
So, please let me know if you’re my best-est friend ever available.
Thanks!
Lori
(For those who want to know, Kay beat Bonnie in the email race and offered generously to give me a ride.)
No comments:
Post a Comment