That's my handsome Daddy fishing on a river in northeast GA with my uncle, who's an expert fisherman & ties and sells his own flies. What a life - getting paid to fish!! Really, not that I'm jealous or anything. :) I think the big blur spot at the bottom of the picture is a spot of water on the lens. Oops! But hey, at least the great catch is documented, so all's well! :) The first time I saw this picture I thought, "What a catch! Way to go, Dad!" My second thought was, "Hummm...my dad's face isn't usually so round..." :) I think he's holding his neck/head back so when the fish wiggles it doesn't splash water or hit him in the face. Hummm...for some odd reason I'm suddenly in the mood for broiled trout...
Friday, July 24, 2009
Tagged
My sweet friend, Shannon, tagged me in her blog. Here's the deal: I'm supposed to post the 10th picture in the 10th folder in my Pictures directory and tell you the story about it. So, without further ado, here's my picture:
That's my handsome Daddy fishing on a river in northeast GA with my uncle, who's an expert fisherman & ties and sells his own flies. What a life - getting paid to fish!! Really, not that I'm jealous or anything. :) I think the big blur spot at the bottom of the picture is a spot of water on the lens. Oops! But hey, at least the great catch is documented, so all's well! :) The first time I saw this picture I thought, "What a catch! Way to go, Dad!" My second thought was, "Hummm...my dad's face isn't usually so round..." :) I think he's holding his neck/head back so when the fish wiggles it doesn't splash water or hit him in the face. Hummm...for some odd reason I'm suddenly in the mood for broiled trout...
That's my handsome Daddy fishing on a river in northeast GA with my uncle, who's an expert fisherman & ties and sells his own flies. What a life - getting paid to fish!! Really, not that I'm jealous or anything. :) I think the big blur spot at the bottom of the picture is a spot of water on the lens. Oops! But hey, at least the great catch is documented, so all's well! :) The first time I saw this picture I thought, "What a catch! Way to go, Dad!" My second thought was, "Hummm...my dad's face isn't usually so round..." :) I think he's holding his neck/head back so when the fish wiggles it doesn't splash water or hit him in the face. Hummm...for some odd reason I'm suddenly in the mood for broiled trout...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good post! One of my other friends that posted had a flower pic. I'm glad you had a person... and your dad at that! :)
ReplyDeleteLori -- Brent's Mom is my "growing up with, forever friend" cousin --- she told me about your blog -- I LOVE it -- loved the Twin Baker story -- Brent and my daughter, Lisa, are the same age and Nathan and my son Russ are, so Sudie and I traded stories through the years about our kids and how I have twin granddaughters -- sooooo - does someone have some catching up to do??? Just kidding!!! "Cousin" Carol
ReplyDeleteHi Cousin Carol! So nice to meet you!! I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying my blog – thanks for reading and commenting! And yes, we know we have some catching up to do…check back in with us in about 5 more years… :)
ReplyDelete