Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Twin Bakers
On our way out of town on Friday night, Brent & I stopped at the Target by our apartment to grab a few snacks. Right when we walk in Brent says, "Hey look! There's Baker! Well, there goes Baker down that aisle." But we didn't go looking for them as we were on our way out of town. So, we grab our stuff and head to check out. Walking down an aisle toward us is Baker and his wife Katie...or at least, who we thought were Baker & Katie. They looked so much alike I did the creepy stare for a full minute until I suddenly started busting out laughing! Katie's even a nurse and this girl was wearing scrubs. Baker's hair and facial hair look almost identical to this guy's! So Brent and I check out and the whole way to the car Brent & I can't stop talking about how much those two people looked like Baker & Katie. Brent was laughing as he said, "Too bad you don't have a camera...you totally need to show Baker & Katie their twins! OH WAIT! It's in the car..." Did I really go back into Target and follow those two people I've never met in my life around for 3 minutes to corner them to get their picture to show to Baker and Katie?? You bet your hat I did!!!!! Did Brent totally chicken out and stay in the car?? Yup.
The best part? When I went to ask them if I could take their picture, faux Baker goes, "I like the idea that I'm someone's evil twin!" Ha ha ha! That's exactly something my coworker Baker would say! And then when I apologized because I knew this had to be creeping them out, faux Katie said, "That's okay, it's not creepy. It's too random and weird to be creepy." Exactly what Katie would say! Ha ha ha! I wish I would've asked their names and contact info to give to Baker and Katie so the four of them could hang out together, but I thought that'd definitely be crossing the creepy line, so I didn't. Maybe we'll run into them again... For the next 2 hours straight, Brent and I laughed about this until our faces and bellies hurt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I called them The Bizarro Bakers since I am a fan of Seinfeld, who is a fan of Superman comics.
ReplyDeleteen.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bizarro_Jerry