I had a great weekend last weekend. There wasn't any one thing that made it great, just a lot of great, relaxing, fun things. On Saturday I got up and went for a run with Sarah, who is an awesome running partner, book reference, and friend. After running we went to pick strawberries! YUM! We each ended up picking about 5 pounds! I wish I would've taken my camera to take a few pictures of us. After a quick lunch at home, I had more time then I thought, and was able to lay out by the pool for about 20 minutes. For a fun bonus I saw Sarah (and her husband Jonathan) at the pool! A couple in our small group Bible study, Grant & Jen, came over and we rode to UNC where we were able to see Randi (another girl in our small group) walk across the stage to receive her master's degree in nursing. After a few pictures with the new graduate, Grant, Jen, Brent, & I went to Foster's Market (a locally owned restaurant/country store) for a late lunch/early dinner since Grant & Jen have never been. Saturday night we were going to go on group motorcycle ride, but the weather didn't want us to, so we stayed in for a few hours then decide to go to Barnes & Noble so Brent could get some work done and I could read a book.
Sunday was Mother's Day and I got to talk to my mom and my aunt! Wish I could've been home to see them on their Special Day, but at least I was able to chat with them for a few minutes and let them know how wonderful they are. After church and lunch in the car, Brent & I went to see Jen walk across the stage at Duke to get her master's in nursing, so that was fun. They're moving to Minnesota in a week & a half...we'll surely miss them. The rest of Sunday was relaxing...more time by the pool, a little tv, and I made bison burgers (so good!) and fresh green beans for dinner.
It was so nice to have a weekend with a few events but still low-key enough to spend time with Brent and relax. Loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment