Monday, May 18, 2009

Why I love the place I work, Part 2

Last week Shannon, Danny, and I were having a conversation about private vs public blogs. Here's my recollection of how the conversation went down:

Lori: I don't know...I'm kinda nervous about people knowing my name and picture. There's so much information on the internet now that somebody could probably look up my address and Social Security Number just by Google-ing my name or something.

Shannon: Well, instead of putting people's full first names, I usually just put their first name initial.

Danny: Yeah, I thought of that doing that too, or maybe not mentioning my family on my blog, but I mean really, if people are really out to grab my family, I would think they would do enough research to do it without looking at my blog.

[Shannon looks uneasy but reluctantly nods.]

Lori (flabbergasted): Danny! Are you saying you don't care enough to at least try to stop someone if they try to stalk you? What about if they grab one of your kids????

Danny (without missing a beat): Which one?

1 comment:

  1. As my dad always said about me: "I'm not worry about someone kidnapping you. After ten minutes, they'll bring you back."

    ReplyDelete