So on my second-to-last class, we make a cupcake cake to learn about doweling and carving. I'm making my usual multiple trips to load stuff in the car to leave (you wouldn't believe how much stuff you need...it was a regular occurrence to make 3 trips to load everything...at least I got some exercise...), and on my way back in to get the actual cake, I can't believe who I run into - David B., one our church's elders! He was chatting with a woman in my class. Turns out, David was taking a class that was 2 doors down from mine! When I saw him he explained to me that this woman here (he pointed to my classmate) is taking a cake decorating class and the sugary smell had been driving him and his classmates to see if they could get in the "in" crowd for the cakes. I smiled deviously and answered, "Well, would you like to come see my cake?" It was so funny to see David's surprised face when he realized I was in the cake class, too! So we go back down the hall to see my creation. When he saw it, he marveled. "You won't believe this," he said, "but my granddaughter, Bryleigh, is having her 2nd birthday on Saturday...the theme...is cupcakes." There was a slight pause, then he continued. "Do you have plans for this cake?" Now, I'm not sure what it is, but when someone asks for any of my cakes, I get so ecstatic! I guess that's because I assume it must look okay then. So of course I let David take the cake to take to Bryleigh's party...and couldn't have been happier that he actually wanted it! Here's a few pictures of it and David, too:
Monday, August 3, 2009
Cake Catchup, Part 1
My cake decorating class is over. So sad. But I've been super busy and haven't had the chance to tell you about my last few cakes.
So on my second-to-last class, we make a cupcake cake to learn about doweling and carving. I'm making my usual multiple trips to load stuff in the car to leave (you wouldn't believe how much stuff you need...it was a regular occurrence to make 3 trips to load everything...at least I got some exercise...), and on my way back in to get the actual cake, I can't believe who I run into - David B., one our church's elders! He was chatting with a woman in my class. Turns out, David was taking a class that was 2 doors down from mine! When I saw him he explained to me that this woman here (he pointed to my classmate) is taking a cake decorating class and the sugary smell had been driving him and his classmates to see if they could get in the "in" crowd for the cakes. I smiled deviously and answered, "Well, would you like to come see my cake?" It was so funny to see David's surprised face when he realized I was in the cake class, too! So we go back down the hall to see my creation. When he saw it, he marveled. "You won't believe this," he said, "but my granddaughter, Bryleigh, is having her 2nd birthday on Saturday...the theme...is cupcakes." There was a slight pause, then he continued. "Do you have plans for this cake?" Now, I'm not sure what it is, but when someone asks for any of my cakes, I get so ecstatic! I guess that's because I assume it must look okay then. So of course I let David take the cake to take to Bryleigh's party...and couldn't have been happier that he actually wanted it! Here's a few pictures of it and David, too:



So on my second-to-last class, we make a cupcake cake to learn about doweling and carving. I'm making my usual multiple trips to load stuff in the car to leave (you wouldn't believe how much stuff you need...it was a regular occurrence to make 3 trips to load everything...at least I got some exercise...), and on my way back in to get the actual cake, I can't believe who I run into - David B., one our church's elders! He was chatting with a woman in my class. Turns out, David was taking a class that was 2 doors down from mine! When I saw him he explained to me that this woman here (he pointed to my classmate) is taking a cake decorating class and the sugary smell had been driving him and his classmates to see if they could get in the "in" crowd for the cakes. I smiled deviously and answered, "Well, would you like to come see my cake?" It was so funny to see David's surprised face when he realized I was in the cake class, too! So we go back down the hall to see my creation. When he saw it, he marveled. "You won't believe this," he said, "but my granddaughter, Bryleigh, is having her 2nd birthday on Saturday...the theme...is cupcakes." There was a slight pause, then he continued. "Do you have plans for this cake?" Now, I'm not sure what it is, but when someone asks for any of my cakes, I get so ecstatic! I guess that's because I assume it must look okay then. So of course I let David take the cake to take to Bryleigh's party...and couldn't have been happier that he actually wanted it! Here's a few pictures of it and David, too:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment