UPDATE (8/10/09): Here are a few pictures of the inside of the cake! :)
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Cake Catchup, Part 2
Last Friday night we celebrated my cousin's son's 2nd birthday. As it was my last cake class, I offered to let my cousin, Lisa, have the cake for her son's birthday. I made a double layer chocolate pinwheel cake with a chocolate mousse filling, topped with made-from-scratch buttercream icing. For the decorating, Brent helped me color & use cut-outs on the fondant (this is a big deal - Brent doesn't like to play with his food as much as I do!). My dad, aunt, uncle, cousin, and my cousin's husband were fascinated. The birthday boy, Tristen, didn't seem to care too much. I think Lisa was a little embarrassed about it, but I found it completely hilarious! :) Anyway, here's the end result:


I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture or not, but there are "2"'s on the top layer and circles on the bottom layer. The spirals sticking out the top are made from gumpaste. I think that was Tristen's favorite part - he ate, like, 4 of the 5 gumpaste decorations. :) My aunt took a picture or two of the inside of the cake...when I get those I'll try to remember to put them on this post.
UPDATE (8/10/09): Here are a few pictures of the inside of the cake! :)

UPDATE (8/10/09): Here are a few pictures of the inside of the cake! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great creativity Lori!!! I love it!
ReplyDelete