Okay, so I think a little braggin' is in order. I changed out my motorcycle's battery all.by.myself last night. I'm so proud! :) Brent was still at work when I decided I wanted the battery to be changed right then. What makes me even more proud? It actually started last night on the first try! It really wasn't that complicated...all it took was taking off the pipes, removing the side panels and fuse cover, disconnecting the battery and starter, disconnecting the negative and then the positive side, taking the battery out, replacing it with the new one, working within a 1 inch space that you can barely touch and screw in the screw on the negative side, making sure the pigtails are right (no, not pigtails like what you do with your hair), reconnecting the fuse and starter, recovering it with the fuse cover and side panels, and replacing the pipes. All in all it took me about 45 minutes. Boo-yeah! (Can you tell I'm still pretty psyched about it??)
I felt a little too much like a greaser when I finished (must've been due to the fact that there was black grease all over my hands and a smudge or two on my face - hey, it was hot outside), so to make myself feel more girly, I washed my hands thoroughly and painted my nails with a clear coat. Yup, that'll show the rest of the world how girly I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment