Monday, August 10, 2009

A Little Bling-Bling

So Brent and I were talking last night and somehow the subject of guys giving girls jewelry came up. Brent had a revelation when I told him that a guy giving a girl jewelry (not necessarily just rings, but any jewelry - whether it's a bracelet, necklace, earrings, etc) means something more than if a guy gives a girl something non-jewelry - especially during the dating stage. Brent couldn't believe it while I was spiraling in the fact that he didn't know this. How could he not know this?? Now, being the physicist he is, he asked me to ask around to see if this fact is known as much as I think it is. So ladies, tell me - do you think a guy you're dating giving you jewelry is more "serious" than him giving you something non-jewelry? Men, do you think giving jewelry means something more than giving non-jewelry or all gifts are the same?

On a different note, I've updated the post below with pictures of the inside of the cake I made for Tristen's birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Lori, I totally support your rule... jewelry means much more than any other gift. For instance, while we were dating my future husband gave me a watch, and later, a pair of earrings. No other guy I ever dated gave me jewelry. So who did I marry... the jewelry giver! -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah - i definitely agree lori! jewelry definitely means more. i have a theory on why this is: a)each girl has a particular jewelry style they like (small jewelry or big jewelry, gold or silver, dainty or not, hearts, flowers, shapes etc, colors of stones, colors of jewelry in general etc) and hence giving said jewelry indicates a guy knows his girl, b)it costs more than many things a guy could give a girl so it means he spent a little more money c)it takes more effort to purchase to look through the various styles, colors etc to find what his girl likes. just a theory - but i think true. if a guy is willing to pay that close attention to a girl and go to that much trouble - i think it also indicates he's in it for the long haul. just a theory!

    ReplyDelete